Friday 12 February 2016

Wool Patchwork Baby Quilt

I'm starting to wonder whether this focus on 'finishing' things is good! I have finished something, and yes that feels good. But, starting random things on the spur of the moment and dipping in and out of makes is fun too! And I seem to be doing less of that recently! Is 'finishing' all it's cracked up to be? Even before I finished typing that question, the answer, for me at least, was already pretty obvious - it's got to be all about finding a happy balance. But possibly to redress my particular balance it is good to have a slightly stronger swing to the other extreme first.

Anyway, enough of my musing. Here is my finish...


This one is made from repurposed wools - blankets, jumpers and a stripey scarf.


It is a smallish, and lovely, warm quilt, backed with a soft, coral coloured flannelette, and with navy, corduroy binding.


I'm pretty sure I finished cutting and then hand sewing all the wool pennies to their squares for this well over a year ago. They've been spilling out of a little box in a cupboard ever since, so definitely a good thing to finally finish them up!


And it means I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts again. Happy Weekend to you all,

Sally.

12 comments:

  1. Dein quilt sieht richtig kuschelig aus tolle Idee
    Viele Grüße aus Deutschland Karo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love everything about it 😀

    Finishing is satisfying but starting is exciting. Some projects need different moods and energy levels. Maybe it depends on the individual personality? I'm more of a starter

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a warm and cuddly quilt; I love the colors and how perfectly the stripes blend the colors together. I agree it has to be about balance, and congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so gorgeous- I love the colours and it looks like its wonderfully soft and warm. I think there's always a balance between finishing and work in progress. I tend to be making lots of things at the same time so there's usually something just finished as well as lots of in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your baby quilt, Sally. The stripes work so well with the squares and circles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is so lovely. The colours are beautiful, I can just imagine some chubby baby legs cosy and warm under this quilt X

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty little baby quilt/blanket and I just love the colours. Isn't it great to get a finish? But I know what you mean about wanting to start new things too - and why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully, colourful, cuddly quilt. I still haven't found that balance between starting new projects and finishing the old. I guess I finally realized I simply enjoy the process so I allow myself to work on what I enjoy most, at that particular time. Unless of course, it's for a gift then I try to get it done in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt is so warm and pretty, Sally. Much better to have it finished than sitting in the cupboard half-done and grumpy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely quilt to have - it just looks so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sally, that just looks SO cozy! Lucky little one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!