Saturday 20 July 2013

Another Art Trek Studio

Yesterday I was lucky enough to visit another Art Trek Studio - The Tartan Trout, in High Bickington. It's run by Sarah, a very talented friend of mine, who makes her own gorgeous glass, lampwork beads and jewellery.

This is her amazing studio - think I could get slightly green with envy!
Sarah makes a really wide range of  beautiful glass products - lovely jam spoons, light pulls, cheese knives and drawer knobs as well as the more expected beads and jewellery, for both grown ups and children.



I love these really individual cheese knives.

Some of Sarah's work has a seaside theme and she sells some of these items through National Trust shops.




The children's beads and bracelets are so bright and colourful, I had Maria with me when I visited and she loved threading them onto a cord. I'm planning on another visit without any children so that hopefully I might get to see Sarah in action and also buy a couple of early Christmas presents for the girls, there were some brilliant, detailed toadstool charms they would love as well.


Sorry, not the best photo, but they're very cute!

See more of Sarah's work here:
Or 'like' her on Facebook to get the first look at all her new work:

Have a lovely weekend and I'll be back Monday, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!