OK, last one today, I promise, then I'll move on to something different. Way back in June, I made a skirt for Venetia, out of a beautiful embroidered table cloth, using the bottom strip of a stretchy, jersey top as the top of the skirt - find it here if you're interested. So basically, I had the rest of the top lying around waiting to be used.
Having learnt my lesson with sizing on the scrappy tunic top, this time I chopped off the arms and trimmed up the sides and shoulders before continuing.
|Apologies for the sideways photo, it's just too late in the day to go back now and rotate it, please turn your head slightly if required!|
Perhaps this might make more sense in a photo, or perhaps not, unfortunately it's not overly easy to show clearly in a photo!
|Just a bit closer.|
Once that was sewn, I just added a border of wide and very pretty ribbon to the hem and it was finished.
It's another really comfy one.
|So now it's sewn and turned out the right way, my contrasting red strip is all lovely and neat.|
And a reasonably useful one rather than just nice to make, because, despite a bulging wardrobe, almost all Venetia's dresses are very Summery, whereas this one is obviously perfect for Autumn, and through to Winter too with some warm accessories.
It has the twirl factor, but I'm rubbish at catching it in a photo, especially as the light is fading!
That's it for the refashions then, but happily there's more sewing going on around here at the moment still to share.