Friday 21 February 2014

This Moment



Here's a link to Soulemama and I'm afraid I'm throwing out the rule book completely today. We had such a lovely day to remember yesterday, quite mild with lots of sunshine, and we spent it in the woods and the garden, enjoying the fresh air with a camp fire. I had my camera out with me and there isn't any one photo that captures the day I want to remember - there are loads of photos! It feels like it's been a very long, wet Winter, and I'm sure there's more of it still to come. There have been times when it's been hard to believe that Spring and Summer moments would return, and yesterday was just what we needed to remind us that of course they will! We just need to be a bit more patient! And remembering yesterday will help me to be. So here are loads of photos of  my day to remember!


{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.
. . . . . . . . . .


Off to collect wood for the camp fire

Sizzling!

Mouthwatering!


And they were delicious!


On to the marshmallow course.



Too close...

And it burnt!



Just as we were packing up, a shower blew over and left us one last gift from the day...


It was a perfect end to a lovely day.


I'll be back again on Monday, wishing you all sunshine, and maybe a rainbow or two, for the weekend.

Sally.

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I would have been the same way with all those beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Here is my moment... I just couldn't resist snapping away this morning... We don't have the prettiest view, but man do we have the prettiest colors! Have a great week-end!
    http://familyfaithfoodfabric.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/this-moment-4/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness....I'm so glad you threw out the rules!!! What lovely photos!!! The shot of the rainbow over that glorious landscape is spectacular! Looks like you had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the rainbow pictures are amazing! All the pictures are goregous but those rainbow ones are especially spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing them!

    Our moment this week comes from this morning! Emma turned six today! I love this picture of her with the birthday ring that my Dad made for us (he adds two new pieces to for each birthday the girls have). For Emma's birthday today he made the gnome and the snowflake near the six!
    http://ouronesweetfamily.blogspot.com/2014/02/this-moment-and-now-she-is-six.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day!!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks to me like a truly wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!