Tuesday 11 November 2014

Robin Garland


Reason number 29 for why I'm missing Summer is that it's so much harder to take blog photos now it's over! I have quite a few robins, in various forms, scattered around the kitchen waiting to be photographed but whenever I have a minute to get it done, it seems to be tipping it down with rain. And it's dark so early now too which is really not helping. But, I did take some photos of these garlands earlier, before the drizzle turned to downpour.

I've cut out some larger robin shapes to make into a garland for a Christmas present, which I haven't yet got round to sewing, but I had so many scraps that a garland of little robins was completely essential as well! And, as you can see, it became 2 garlands. I have a plan to put together a 'hamper' of homemade Christmas decorations for someone as a present, and these little robins seemed perfect for it, but I had to have some for us too!


I really like how they're all a little bit different.


And if they can look bright and cheery even on a day like today...


Then they will most certainly brighten up my home at Christmas time.


More robins will definitely follow, weather permitting!

Sally.

9 comments:

  1. Love it!!! It will look awesome in your home, and what a lovely addition to the hamper of homemade decorations. Love that idea by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so cute!! I'm glad you made enough to keep some for you - they've all got such personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful! I agree re the photographs, it's hard to get any decent light at this time of year for taking photo's X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this just made my heart sing (and my husband giggle)... Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about winter lighting...so difficult to capture a good photo.
    The robins are darling!!! I love this idea...robins always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropped by from R&D Ho Ho Ho - so cute, love them - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic robins!!
    Blog pictures are so so hard in the autumn and winter, I have about an hour on a good day to get decent photos!
    Thanks for linking up with Ho Ho Ho and on we Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate taking photos, too many shadows in the summer with strong light leaving fabric colours looking bleached and just rubbish light in the winter. I despair of my photography skills! Hey, but you know what I love? Yup, these gorgeous little robins, they are just too cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!