Friday 21 March 2014

This moment

Here's a link to Soulemama's moment, and here's mine.

{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.
. . . . . . . . . .

A different kind of cheat this week. You've probably seen/heard about the trend on Facebook for posting a 'selfie' with no make up, and, if you can, texting BEAT to 70099 to donate £3, then 'nominating' others to do the same. As well as raising money, the aim is to raise awareness and encourage people to check for early signs of cancer. After the craziness of 'neknominating' not that long ago, when it felt to me that the world had gone slightly mad and that Social Media was a very dangerous thing, this particular craze on Social Media feels like something very positive. I was 'nominated' yesterday by a lovely, and very beautifully bare faced, friend, and I thought I'd share my 'selfie' on here as well as Facebook. I'm doing this partly because I never normally wear make up anyway, so sharing my selfie on FB with my 'real life' friends isn't really any big deal, they're all used to me looking like that! But sharing it with my 'online' friends is more of a stretch because I've always, deliberately, kept my blog fairly 'faceless'. So here I am...


There's an article here about the trend if you've not heard about it so far.


And instead of 'having' a moment from my week to remember, I'm 'taking' a moment to remember, 'publicly', a very dear friend of mine, who I lost to cancer quite a while back now.  I say 'publicly' because I remember and think of her every day 'privately', but she would really have rocked the no make up selfie craze, she was beautiful all the way through, so this is especially for her.

Have a great weekend, and if you feel like continuing the 'selfie' trend then consider yourself nominated!

Sally.





3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss. I've lost more than my share of loved ones to cancer... My heart goes to you.

    Have a lovely week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much are you looking like the girls in this picture, fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful! I am always make up free, I don't even own any make up :)

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!