Tuesday 18 March 2014

Wool Moths

Just a quick post today, to show you where I'm up to with my make from a more 'earthy, muted' colour scheme, which I mentioned yesterday. Inspired by Silly Boo Dilly, but hopefully still very much 'me'!


I frequently have bright, colourful butterfly makes on the go (including at the moment!), and I felt it was about time the poor-relation-moth got a look in! It's made from scraps of recycled wool, and old mother of pearl buttons.


Not so colourful as butterflies perhaps, but still beautiful in their own way.



Although it did feel a little ironic to be creating moths from my wool scraps, because I am slightly paranoid about my very disorganised mountain of wool becoming infested by moths and being eaten to bits. I did once have a very disturbing dream about giant moth larvae (and I mean really giant!) feasting on my wool blankets! But anyway, back to the harmless variety...


This moth has loose front wings to give him an extra bit of character. You might get a better idea in this photo below.


I've got a plan for what I want to do with my moths but I'm not going to explain now because:

  1. I might change my mind - I also quite like the idea of just leaving it pretty much like this, as a picture.
  2. My plan might not work very well.
  3. I'm going to bed, to hopefully dream non giant, larvae dreams!
Back tomorrow,

Sally.








2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the earthy tones...the moths suit the color scheme very well. I love your use of the mother of pearl buttons too. I'm curious about your plans for it. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours, so peaceful. I love your art using these materials, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!