Wednesday 15 October 2014

Lets Go Fly A Kite Mini Quilt


I finished up the mini quilt from Venetia's drawing. Here it is freshly drawn by Venetia...


It was quite straightforward to machine embroider it...


I added a piece of wool backing and drew in some quilting lines to follow - they're supposed to be clouds!


And here they are sewn...


And then I decided to finish it with a blue, patchwork border-come-binding, with just one yellow, sunshine square up in the corner. I had been planning to quilt the patchwork, but now it's done I think I want to leave it plain.


Maria has also now done her drawing, which will again be quite quick to embroider, but I can't decide whether to go down the same route with the quilting and the blue patchwork, or whether to try something completely different instead. What do you think?

Sally.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! I am always inspired by your creative talents. Can't wait to see what you do with Maria's drawing :)

    I vote for something different :) I would love to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to finish up the drawing? If you do the second one very similarly, would you daughter's like the sameness or would it bother them? I might choose to do differently on purpose, but you know your girl's personalities the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! Very beautiful, and unique!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks gorgeous, especially the sunshine in the corner. For Maria's quilt do the girls want them to match or would they rather be completely individual? A themed pair could look really sweet hung together but it might depend on their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this quilt and I love the blue border with the corner of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you use your children's drawings in your quilts! It's amazing how stitching the clouds made them look so fluffy. I think it would be nice to keep the girls' quilts similar but each having unique qualities.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!