Thursday 15 January 2015

Wool Stitching

My larger wool squares with wool pennies are coming on nicely, only a handful left to go before I have enough for a blanket. But, as much as I've been enjoying the hand sewing, I have been getting just slightly bored of nothing but blanket stitch. And Maria has been a little poorly the last few days (happily much better today), so I've had quite a bit of time cuddled up with her on the sofa, or playing a quiet game with her, and able to do some hand sewing at the same time. So, I decided to get some new wool squares and pennies on the go to let me mix up the stitching a little.



These ones are pretty small, 2 inches square(ish!). 


And I'm just doing whatever I fancy with the stitching. 


Don't worry, I'm not crazy enough to be planning on using these in any blanket sized project. I'm thinking they'll become a scarf, much more realistic! 


But even so, I think I might only be about a fifth of the way through with what I have here, so still a way to go.



I've got another, very slightly, lighter shade of grey wool that I had thought I might throw in the
mix for the squares, and possibly a greyish, herringbone pattern and maybe a dusky purple too. But now I have these all together, I'm not so sure I should vary the background tone. Any helpful thoughts?

Sally.







7 comments:

  1. I love the variations and the idea of making a scarf with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the variations would be a fun addition to the scarf - maybe instead of mixing them all up randomly it would looks great as a "striped" background? So many handsome striped scarves, and I think it would work well. Glad to hear Maria is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet and would look great however you use them, but if your dealing with a sick child and time is limited, then a scarf sounds the ideal thing. Do show it when it's done. happy new year! X Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those wool squares, beautiful. Can't wait to see the scarf.

    Happy to hear Maria is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely - such fun! I know whatever you do will look brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intend to agree with Emma, a tote bag would be adorable X

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!