Tuesday 1 July 2014

A Blogiversary Thank You Present

It's one year today since I hit the 'publish' button on my first blog post. In some ways the year feels like it has whizzed past, and in other ways it feels like a long, long time ago, so much has changed. It definitely feels good to have a record of some of our happenings and my making, and I'm very glad I did take the plunge and start writing here.

Anyway, in typical me fashion, the one year mark has kind of sneaked up on me. I knew it was coming, and I've been meaning to think about what, if anything, I might want to post about it today, but it seems to have speeded up towards me recently and, basically, I haven't thought! So I decided this morning that I wouldn't try and get all reflective about blogging and/or life generally, and that the thing to do is just to have a 'giveaway' to celebrate. I like the idea of giveaways, and it's been in the back of my mind to try and do one for ages, so today seems the perfect opportunity. And since we seem to have a bit of a rainbow theme going on around here at the moment, I thought a little pile of wool squares in rainbow colours would be good.



And then I got a little carried away with my wool cutting and did a few more colours too. I couldn't decide whether the rainbow should have a darker green or a pale green, and then it's a bit of a crime that there are no pinks in a rainbow, and brown is always a handy colour to have around...so in the end there are 11 colours. 






Each is around 8 inches square(ish!), and they're all recycled wools that I love to use in so much of my making - these ones are mostly from blankets, but with a couple of jumpers and a coat thrown in too. Hopefully you'll have lots of ideas for how you could use them, if you haven't then where have you been for the past year?!

So if you'd like to receive the wool, just leave me a comment. I'd love to know how you came across my blog in the first place, or if you write a blog yourself, or what kind of things you like to make or just something about yourself, something to make you properly real not just an unknown reader! And if I already know you, either in real life or through your blog and comments, then maybe tell me something I don't know about you.

This is meant as a 'Thank You' for bothering to read what I write, and I'd love to be able to send everyone who comments a bundle of wool, but being practical I'll pull just one comment out of a hat (probably quite literally!). Please make sure I can get in touch with you (e-mail) if you're the 'one'. And I'll leave it open for comments till Saturday to give you plenty of time.

And regardless of whether you do comment or not, maybe you're not interested in winning a little bundle of wools, thank you very much for bothering to read still, and I hope you'll want to carry on reading into my next year too.

Sally.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so happy your hit publish a year ago :) You have such a lovely space and I enjoy my visits here. You read my blog, so something you don't know about me, hmmmm....I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary, Sally! I am glad that we have become friends here in the blogasphere! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 year!!
    Came across your blog looking at quilting posts. Something you won't know about me .. Ummm ...I'm blind in one eye and my long eyesight is bad so I'm always thinking I'm seeing scary creatures in the distance. I have been known to about turn and go a different way ... Because a tree stump looked dodgy from a distance. Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Sal! One year! I love your blog so much. It has fueled me with loads of ideas.You are so right, a lot has happened in one year.One thing you didnt know about me?http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qOYSkE%2BNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg When I was in my early 20 s I was used as a model for images for the front covers of the Young Anglia historical School books!!!x
    Love Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary, I've only been blogging since Feb. I found you through other bloggers and I'm so glad I did. I'm trying to think of something you don't know about me.....how about I'm only 5'2" tall and I have two tattoos. I'll tell you more about them on your second blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!