Monday 7 October 2013

A Honey Bee Quilt

Now I've got my Flower Quilts out of the way, I've moved on to another quilt. Not the Autumn one with the oak leaves that I'd already started - that would have been far too sensible! Although to be fair, I'm still mulling over what my background is going to be for that one, so there is a reason. The new quilt is very unusual for me - it's (so far, anyway) made of only new fabric. It seems like ages since I made a proper quilt with any new fabric and I'm not sure I can ever remember making a quilt completely out of new fabric. It really feels quite alien to me at the moment.

But this is one that I wanted to make with a bee/honey theme for someone, and the fabric I used for my mini bee quilt just seemed too perfect not to use again. And when I looked, it turns out there's quite a bit of bee themed fabric out there. I cut out most of my rectangles at the end of last week and I've been arranging them this afternoon...


A bit higgledy piggledy.


Have a look at some of the bee fabric:






This is the only fabric that isn't bee themed in some way.

And it's coming together surprisingly quickly. I've got my vertical strips sewn together now, I've just got to join them all with the vertical honeycomb strips inbetween.


But I have to say I'm finding it a bit boring. This is definitely a quilt where the fabric is doing all the work and it's definitely not wonky enough for my liking! It's a good thing it won't take long and then I'll be able to move on to something more interesting ...  like my oak leaves.

Back again tomorrow, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!