Wednesday 14 August 2013

Thrifty finds

It seems hardly any time since I finally got one chair out of the way of my kitchen cupboards, when look what I've just found (and bought!) at a Charity Shop...



It needs painting and I haven't a clue where I'm going to put it yet but I have a big weakness for rocking chairs!

And I also couldn't resist this throw:


It's double bed size and lovely on both sides, I'm really not sure which way round I prefer it. And I think the colours and patterns may inspire a quilt in the future some time.

The one good thing on the kitchen clutter front is that I have tidied up my huge pile of fabric and now just have a (slightly) more manageable tub of fabric -  for current works in progress!


And our last thrifty find - one of our favourite kind....


Our first proper picking of blackberries - there were far more eaten, that didn't make it to the bowl even! And a first few fallers from our Bramley Apple Tree. Opinion is divided though, as it always is - crumble or pie?

Back tomorrow, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!